Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A Poem by the YB of the SC

The Yakimaniacs are pleased to announce a new contributor to Peter’s Ashtray. The Younger Brother of the Smoking Christian has graciously consented, over the objections of his agent, to submit his literary brilliance for our discerning readers. Please make him feel welcome by your kind and generous comments.


Advertising - Family - Values

Music blaring nostrils flaring lungs are daring
Another day has been burned
Sleep depriving people striving deep sea diving
Another night has been churned

Ash collecting introspecting self-protecting
Another year has been burned
Money lending debit spending charts are trending
Another lesson has been learned

Barbeques galore nostril snore daily chore
Another decade has been chalked
Pencils breaking ecstacy faking pizzas baking
The stalker is being stalked

Proxy voting mothers doting authors quoting
Another life has been burned
People counting mutiny bounty cats are pouncing
Save yourself

Believe it conceive it retrieve it
I give up
It's there I care I'm well aware
You win

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK. It's a biblical requirement that when someone speaks in tongues, there must be an interpreter.

I'm appealing to the wife of the SC. I have a feeling you're the one who can help us with this.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Smoking Christian said...

I like it. I would suggest to Virginia that it's like an abstract painting, with words.

Still, I would like to hear what the wife would say as well.

I like the structure. I would like to know if he made that up himself or patterned it off of something existing?

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. Good stuff, but I can't offer any interpretation yet. I would like to meet with the author, and go over two puzzling passages before I comment. I had no idea YB had beat poetry in him. Impressive.

Wife of SC

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My influences included the dreaded and dreadlocked rap music blaring from traffic as I race across the crosswalk of life, no one caring but me...and perhaps a glass of Fife 2000 Cabernet from Trader Joe's, and another glass of the same - $14.99 for a limited time only, a bargain at this price! Oh, and pending sleep deprivation after a good nights rest.

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I'd read it last night before I sobered up. Maybe I'll try again tonight when I finish off the wine. Love it. You left before the cigars. I was forced to smoke yours.
SYS

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home