Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Fresh Prince of Massachusetts

John Kerry says he botched a joke at his recent appearance at a rally for California gubernatorial candidate Phil Angelides at Pasadena City College.

I believe him.

Only John Kerry could flub a "Bush-is-stupid" joke that has been told ad nausea the last six years by countless entertainers and pundits.

Only John Kerry, attempting to tell a "Bush-is-stupid" joke, could tell it so as to make himself look more stupid than the object of his punch line.

Only John Kerry could botch a "Bush-is-stupid" joke so bad that even the leaders of his own party would condemn him.

Only John Kerry in the telling of a "Bush-is-stupid" joke could remind all Americans why he is not president and why they shouldn’t vote for him again.

Only John Kerry, telling a "Bush-is-stupid" joke, would reveal his leftover Vietnam-era contempt for the “baby-killers” and “Genghis Khans” that are the front-line soldiers fighting in Iraq.

Only John Kerry, attempting a "Bush-is-stupid" joke, would cause liberal talking heads to tell him to, "Go home, get on your wind-surfing board and shut up!"

Only John Kerry, massacring a "Bush-is-stupid" joke, would remind everyone that perhaps we should allow the military to recruit on college campuses after all.

Only John Kerry, after telling a "Bush-is-stupid" joke, would defend the joke before apologizing for it.

On a personal note:
Since renewing my acquaintance with the nicest and most respectable democrat pastor in the whole state of Michigan, I no longer tell this joke:
“Democrats have never met a scandal they didn’t like. If they can’t pin it on the Republicans they wear it like a badge of honor.”

I now tell this joke:
“Liberals have never met a scandal they didn’t like. If they can’t pin it on the Republicans they wear it like a badge of honor.”

On another personal note:
(From an actual imaginary conversation with one of my liberal friends.)
Hey, have you heard the latest joke about President Bush?
No.
Okay, here it is. It's really funny.
Yeah?
Yeah. George W. Bush. He's our president right?
So?
Well he's really stupid! Ha, ha, ha!
What?
Yeah, he's really stupid. Get it?
Uh...no.
Don't you get it? I heard it on Letterman last night. Everone thought it was really funny!
Letterman?
Yeah! And Bill Maher told the same joke the night before. It was hilarious!
That's it? They just said Bush is stupid?
Well there was also this part about people who support the war being idiots but I didn't get that.
Oh. I get it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shiloh Guy said...

I appreciate your sensitivity to my plight. I just couldn't bring myself to vote for our incombent democratic governor today so I wasted my vote on the Republican. I feel better, though.

By the way, one of the kids from my youth pastor days looks like he is going to Washington from the OG man's district, Pete Roskam.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Yakimaniac said...

You're a good man my friend.

By the way I think the scandal-plagued, profligate-spending Republicans got what they deserved today.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home