Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Anticipation

Finally the day has arrived. All the preparations have been made and now I am off to the First Annual Bloggers of the Smoking Christian Convention and Poetry Reading. There are so many unknowns: What will my fellow bloggers be like in person? Will I make friends? What will I say? Will my smoke offering be accepted? What will I order at HTB?

Sadly the SC himself will not be there to mentor us. We will have to make it up as we go. But I know he will be with us in spirit and I am ready with my best poems. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Blogger Smoking Christian said...

I feel so all alone with you guys all of to the first annual convention in Chicago. Please keep one seat open like the Scientologists keep L. Ron Hubbard's old office in perfect condition for his eventual return.

You know, my frequent commenter and friend, "Toyo," lives in downtown Chicago. You need to invite him to one of your sacred festivities! Shiloman has his email address. If you want, I'll give you his phone number. He's a very nice man! This is a great idea! Let me know if you agree.

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the risk of forgetting about the fact that we were actually there to see our young students at the Harvard of Christian colleges, we didn't add to the blogging convention. As it was, the youngsters had to tolerate a great deal of interaction among the Yaks, Ogs, Shilohman and even a few others from various parts of the country. Hence no call was made to Mr. Toyo...no offense, no defense...almost too much was packed into the few hours we were in the MidWest.

Then, just as we had boarded our flight we get the sad news that Saginaw Sis's 102 grandfather may be on his way out (to Heaven that is). So, there we are headed back to CA when said sister might have been heading across the lake instead.

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home